SOCIAL STUDIES AREA
Cultivate the students’ aptitude and attitude of analysis and synthesis, establishing relations between facts, capable of retrospection and prospection, with the domain of geographic, historical and social vocabulary, allowing them to develop critical thinking in production, with constructive desire to find a personal enrichment process.
LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE AREA
Creativity is the main axis in the area of Language and Literature, where children enjoy the art of writing in different projects proposed in the area, plus enjoy reading and giving their ideas, thereby enriching their vision in their integrating life project.
The reasoning, reality, ingenuity and motivation are key elements in the area of mathematical knowledge based on experiential learning as an engine where students significantly develop the conceptual, procedural and practical application of skills through projects, exercises, elaboration of concrete material, games, poems, inquiries; converting the classroom not only a meeting place but into a space of knowledge construction that allows students to improve their self-esteem, self-confidence, make decisions and acquire valuable tools to solve problems in real situations.
AESTHETIC EDUCATION AREA
Educational objectives of the area
– Encourage students to study and practice understanding of the various branches of art.
– Perceive and critically sensitive to the outside world and artistic creations to assess personal, cultural differences and to respond to these as an active citizen.
– Apply various creative processes to develop a flexible mind to innovate and solve problems creatively in daily life.
– Create artistic products that express themselves, sensitive and innovative visions through the conscious use of elements and the principles of the various branches of art.
– Appreciate the similarities, differences and new proposals on personal and cultural artistic expressions through the implementation of the creative process and art works to respond to an individual, informed in a meaningful way.
– Understand and apply different materials, tools, concepts, techniques and mental processes of artistic languages by developing a rigorous process for creating artworks.
– Enjoy the experience and feel the music and develop art in its various manifestations.
To improve and refine students’ Communicative language competence in their linguistic, social linguistic and pragmatic skills by developing the four language skills: Listening, speaking, reading and writing.
English is unquestionably the world’s lingua franca at present, for this reason it is essential for our students´ to master the language in order to interact and communicate in today’s globalized world.
Current education has the challenge of contributing toward the development of students’ abilities to take a more proactive role as world citizens.
Communicative Approach is currently the most recognized, accepted norm in the field of language teaching and learning worldwide because it comprises a theoretically well-informed set of principles about the nature of language and of language learning and teaching.
Language should not be presented step by step; instead in a Natural communicative interaction, being the learner exposed to a wide variety of vocabulary and structure, surrounded by the language for many hours each day.
Our teaching of English is focused in real-world contexts, where students will ultimately have to use the language productively through speaking and writing and receptively through listening and reading. Inside and outside of the classroom, the students´ tasks and activities must prepare them with the necessary skills for communication in everyday context.
SKILLS THAT WILL BE DEVELOPED.-
CAG’s students are able to:
- Communicate effectively as independent users of English in social and professional situations.
- Speak fluently without searching for language.
- Talk about complex subjects and develop arguments.
- Understand elaborated speech, films, factual and literary texts, with different styles.
- Write clear, well-structured text to express your points of view.
- Write in an appropriate style a letter, an essay or a report.